THE AMAA AWARDS 2007. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 13 March 2007

THE AMAA AWARDS 2007.

The African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) held on Saturday March in Bayelsa State. I wasn't there live but I watched some of it on television. My favourite Black American actor Cuba Gooding Jr was there live and guess who else? Mo'nique, from Miss Parkers. They came all the way from the USA to commensurate with their colleagues in Africa. They seem to be have both enjoyed all the attention they got.

The MC of the event was Richard Mofe Damijo and some girl from South Africa. Can't remember her name...sorry! But she was beautiful though.

Kilnt de Drunk, Tuface, Muma gee performed.

Winners
Best Actress
Chioma Chukwuka

Best Actor
Olu Jacobs

Best Support Actress
An Actress from Ghana

Best Support Actor
Don't know

Best Picture
Sitanda

Best Director
The Director of the movie Sitanda. (Sorry, don't know his name)

Best Cinematography
Amazing grace

This is shabby reporting right? Well like I said earlier I watched very little of it on Television. I typed on google to see if I'll find any information on the awards...for where? The crazy thing about Nigeria is that we hardly have stuff about us on the internet. An hour after a Grammy award, or an oscar you'll find anything you want on the internet about this awards, but in Nigeria, three days later there's no information. Sad right? I'll see if I can find their website and give those of you interested a list of nominees and winners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the ama web site is AMA-AWARDS.com and if you did google amaa africa movie academy awards, you would probably see the web site or a lot of stuff on the awards

Recent Posts