ELECTION DAY! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 14 April 2007

ELECTION DAY!

I had a crazy crazy day today, I'll tell y'all about it later. By now everyone knows that today was the Governorship elections in Nigeria. I heard alot of report of area boys and hooligans causing trouble around Lagos, seizing voting cards, disrupting polling stations etc. I actually haven't read any papers to find out what's really going on...but be sure I'll give you all the details as soon as I get them. As for my area, it was peaceful and everyone in my house voted. I just hope that the right person who will move this nation forward is elected Governor. And I hope also that there will be no rigging. Something tells me it won't happen this time around. I pray so!

Meanwhile I got another scam email. Here it is...

From : Bangoura & Sister Aminata.
Address: Dakar Senegal Refugee Camp.
Email : bangoura_mahamed077@yahoo.co.uk
Dearest One
My name is Bangoura Mohamed and Sister Aminata Mahamed,The Son and Daughter of (Late Dr.Ibrahim Mahamed ) Who lost his life in the course of the crisis in my country Sierra - Leone on the 28th of September last year on his way to the company ( Nestle Food Plc) .

My Late father willed in cash, the sum of $25 Million United States Dollars which he deposited in a Fixed/Suspence Bank account in Dakar Senegal in west Africa, with enabling conditions for the release of the fund which are as follows:
(1) That I must be 28 years or above.
(2) That upon request for the release of the fund, there must be evidence of investment intentions especially outside the west africa,We contact you therefore to confirm if you can absorb us in partnership in your company or possibly advise me on any investment opportunity in your country.

When I reach agreement with you, the bank will release our fund into an account that you shall nominate and I and my sister will come over to you to commence business partnership with you and the fund.

I and my sister we be expecting your urgent response including your addresses, your Mobile phone and fax number.
Contact us faster through our alternate email address for security reason.

Email: bangoura_mahamed077@yahoo.co.uk

Finally we implore you to treat this transaction with secrecy and confidentiality for security reasons.

We are Seriously waiting for your urgent reply,Best regard.

Yours Truly Son & Daughter.
Bangoura Mahamed & Sister Aminata.

Is this what some of us have resolved to do with our lives? It's sad! Please people, be careful of such mails and such fraudsters. In as much as alot of awareness is being created to warn people, some are still falling for such pranks. I hope all these irresponsible, lazy individuals who have no fear of God are caught and put away for a long time. This is not the way to go at all. Someone will sit down and type such a long message just to trick people off their money. It's sad sha!

On a lighter mood...hmmm..I'm thinking of something to cheer y'all up with....can't think of anything. Just think of something good and beautiful that happened to you recently and smile.

May God help us all. Take care of you and yours. Kissess!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Na wa o, it seems there's something about your name/profile dat attracts these assholes. Funnily enough, i've never received those type of mails apart from d junks about penis/breasts enlargement.

Anonymous said...

heard the election went well thank God.

Meadows j. said...

I AM GLAD THE ELECTION WENT WELL.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I get these emails all the time. Where I'm from, they are known as "The Nigerian Scam", because they are usually allegedly from either Nigeria or Ghana and here's the way I respond to them....
Dear (whoever you say you are)
I appreciate your trust an confidence in me and I truly emphathize with your position, but let it be known that if you were to deposit your (however many millions) in to my account please rest assured that you will never again have a dime to your name because not only will I accept your deposit, but I will IMMEDIATELY transfer the money to an account that only I know about and continue to live very well on your money and you won't get a cent.
With that said, here's my account number xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
I'm anxiously awaiting your deposit because I have my eye on a new Bently Azure. I'll send you a picture of me in it as soon as i get your cash. And that's about all you'll be getting is pics of me enjoying your money.

Don't keep me waiting,
Richard Mann

THE PHANTOM

Anonymous said...

Ok will be expecting your gist about the elections for those of us who are not home. Thanx.

Recent Posts