Timi is the winner!!! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 26 May 2007

Timi is the winner!!!

Timi wooooooon! I'm so happy it's crazy.

I was there live and direct and jumped up and down like a mad woman when he was announced as the winner of the first ever Idol West Africa.


A well deserved win I might add.


Here's the profile of the Idol West Africa 2007 winner...TIMI

Full Name: Timi Dakolo

Age: 26

Place of Origin: Bayelsa State, Nigeria

Star Sign: CapricornMarital Status: Single

Educational Qualification: Senior Secondary School Certificate

Occupation: Student

Favourite Songs: ‘Dance With My Father’ by Luther Vandross

Favourite Artistes: Lemar, Micheal Bolton

Role Model: Lemar

Hobbies: Singing and Reading

Why did you enter Idols West Africa? Because I can write songs and sing effortlessly

Where did you get your music skill from? Grandma


Songs he performed on Idol...

If there's any justice in the world - Lemar

Stuck on you - Lionel Richie

Everything I do, I do it for you - Bryan Adams

Faith - George Michael

Give me the night - George Benson

Flying without wings - Westlife

How am I supposed to live without you - Michael Bolton

Oruka - Sunny Neji

Don't let the sun go down on me - Elton John/George Michael

Ain't no mountain high enough - Diana Ross

Dance with my father - Luther Vandross

Must have been love - Roxette

Timi's own words


"Dreams: looking at how far I have made it, I can't believe I made it through all the stages and phases of the competition and all the experiences have just been good, and sometimes bad. I wish my grandma was around most of all to see what has become of her favorite grand son.I have dreams and I know the living God will make them come true. Thanks for all your love cuz without u all I can't be the Timi Dakolo I am.In the famous words of Martin Luther King, "I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY"… "

Timi went home with a 26inch flat screen LG TV, DSTV dish with 3 months free subscription, 10 thousand dollars cash, Kia Picanto, and a recording contract with Sony BMG.

This is just the beginning of great things to happen to TIMI. I hope his talents and humility take him to the top where he belongs. May God be with him every step of the way...amen!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for Timi but I have to confess that I'm really sad Omawumi didn't win...hmmph:(

chidi said...

i haven't been following the idols west africa thing but im happy for the guy

Admin UD said...

YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I was so excited when i heard the news. Oh God, am still excited. Dang, this is sweeter than sex. I think am gonna cum...lol!

Seriously though, am glad he won cos i was also voting and MOST inportantly, my money was on HIM.

Anonymous said...

Could not be happier. He has an incredible voice, can perform like no one I have ever watched on any Idols show and is an exceptional talent

Anonymous said...

tHANK GOD MY HUSBAND WANTED TIMI SO WE ARE HAPPY

Anonymous said...

Happy for him
heyma

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda; I am new on this blog and you are doing a great job. I am glad Timi won. From his first audition, i knew he had something to offer. If promoted well, he will go places. I am looking forward to the release of his single.

TheTaj said...

I started following the event (am based in the UK) after a friend from the US mailed specifically about Timi's voice 'affecting' her! I accessed the mnetafrica website and damn I knew the Timi guy was going to win. So happy for the guy and he surely will rule the world........Dreams are alive you know- from such a humble background. The guy's success is a wake-up call to all- live ur dream!!!

Unknown said...

Yes oh!!! Timi won!
@Ugo, you're crazy man, lol. He really deserved to win and I was so happy he did.

Anonymous said...

Timi has a voice that touches your soul. He is the most passionate and emotive singer I have ever heard. He also performs like a true professional. I screamed so loud when he won, my voice is hoarse. West Africa have found true talent

Anonymous said...

Oh dear oh dear, that guy who shouts and you people call it singing actually won?

Poor choice that reflects the low quality of the top 10 then, if he could win

Anonymous said...

There is something about the way Timi sings that affects people emotionally. He sings from his heart and soul, and this translates to his audience and connects with them deeply. I think if he was marketed correctly, and given the right exposure, could truly be an international star.

Recent Posts