My best friend's wedding + Personalities + Naija Entertainment news | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 29 August 2007

My best friend's wedding + Personalities + Naija Entertainment news

My best friend's wedding.
I met him in 2003. I don't think any man has loved me half as much as he did...he was always there for me everytime I needed him, he waited for three years, hoping I'd give us a chance to be together but I never did. He was sweet, gentle, caring and my best friend...he always knew what to say to make me smile, he was good to me and even though I was with someone else, he was hopeful, praying, waiting. I remember one day last year, he looked at me and said I'll make you happy, give me a chance, I deserve you...I only laughed and I saw the hurt in his eyes...I was inlove with someone else then so it didn't matter. HE waited for THREE years and I never gave him a chance...not once!

So last month, after my break up, I went looking for him...but guess what? He was already engaged...he was tired of waiting, of hoping, of hurting. And he finally met a woman more sensible than me, a woman who saw the great guy he is, a lucky woman.

I got to my senses but it was too late...too late. My best friend is getting married in November. It's still hard to believe, I guess I always thought he would always be there...you never know what you have until you loose it. November should have been u and I, or maybe it should have been back in 2004 when you first asked my dad for my hand in marriage and I got angry with you for going behind my back? How could I have been so stupid? Sometimes, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and do it all over again...but I can't. My only promise is that I won't even consider getting married until I meet a man half the man you are. Congrats to you G. All the best!


Personalities


Allison Hinds was born 1 June 1970, and is based in the Caribbean island of Barbados.
She is one of the most popular soca singers in the world and has unofficially been given the nickname the "Queen of Soca". Currently Allison Hinds lives with her family, husband Edward Walcott and daughter Saharan (born May 4th, 2004), on a privately owned horse farm, which her husband manages, in Barbados. She has her own band, "The Allison Hinds Show". This band was formed in 2005 when Hinds returned to the soca scene with the hit song "Roll It Gyal" which is an anthem for young women and encourages them to have pride in themselves. I love that song and thought to pay tribute to her.


Introducing Kaysha


Hip hop/Zouk artist Kaysha is the stage name of Edward Mokolo Jr (born January 22, 1974 in Kinshasa). One of the most eclectic rappers and producers to work on places like the West indies, South America and Africa. He was born in Democratic Republic of Congo but immigrated to France with his parents at the age of seven. Kaysha is very well known for his first hit single which uses a sample from West Indian band Kassav's Oulé in a song called "Bounce Baby", which introduced him to fans all over the world.
Kaysha's first two hits were "Telephone" and "Bounce baby" from his album I'm Ready. The next year, he changed his whole style to record a more urban album called Worldwidechic with a duo with Wu Tang Clan's Killah Priest. His latest hit to date is "On dit quoi", a huge hit all around Africa, from his latest album It's All Love, released in his own label Sushiraw.
Kaysha is also a successful music producer.
He won a Kora award for best African Artist in 2000. He won a Kora award for best African Artist of the Diaspora in 2004. He was also nominated as African artist of the year at the 2006 MTV awards. He's so cute! Who likes Kaysha?


Entertainment Gists

Peter Igbinedion looses wife
The wife of Peter Igbinedion, younger brother to former Edo State Governor, Eva Maria Uzonwanne, is dead. She died on Saturday August 18th 2007 at the age 47. The mother of four has already been buried. May her soul rest in peace.

Joseph Yobo just completed a N100 million property he's been working on for some time now. The property is sited on one of the most popular streets in highbrow Victoria Garden City, Lagos. N100 million really?

Soul E and wife, Ure banned from church
Seriously I don't know how true this is, but they say that singer, Soul e and his pregnant wife, Ure Ukezie have been banned from their church, Household of God, where they met and fell in love, by the the head pastor, Chris Okotie. His reason being that he advised the couple not to get married because of the age difference, but they did! Soul e denies being banned, saying he left voluntarily.

I'll give you more gists later, got to get back to work. Cheers!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,its been ages.How u dey? Just saw ur pix ur beautiful and I loved the red concept. I love Kaysha but mainly coz I love Zouk, check out Thierry Cham,hez equally a hottie!

Icy PR said...

Not to get married cuz of Age? See this is where you insert reigns of curses.. What nonsense. It sucks when Culture and Religion clash cuz it's like ppl can't draw the line. Pastor Ban you from church... I really do hope it's a rumor. Cuz the day Man(pastor) starts acting like God the world is doomed. What nonsense. Infact it's upsetting .

Nice entry babz. lol! excuse my venting but seriously? Ban? from Church hahahahaha okay that's just hilarious. Only my country ppl sha..mehn oh mehn!

Unknown said...

Mehn that Kaysha.

Banning from church ke? Seriously this thing with churches is becoming too much

sylvia said...

Hei Linda
sorry bout G i feel ur pains,God ll give u ur own man and that man will even surpass ur dream 4 urself like he gave me

Anonymous said...

linda...i feel u....
isnt that the story of most of us?....we pass the guy that will treat u like a queen for thrash in a kings cloth!....

...i am married....i love him....but my heart is with someone else i met back in 2003...but i was toooo stupid to realise true love....
SHIT HAPPENS!

Anonymous said...

linda..true yarn my sister.. been a while jare(am not feeling myself too...) same thing happened to me oh.. i still cant get over it.. no guy like the guy i lost, he was so in love with me but u know ladies at times, see now.. he's happily married and am still single. it is well jare, God will grant us our heart desires too.
BTW, i'll be in naija next month, and would really want to meet u.. i will be at Kilo(laff).

u be good and all the best

Anonymous said...

If you have something, you let it go, if it comes back to you, it was yours in the first place, if it doesn't, it was never yours.
G was neva urs, have faith, stay humble and true to yourself and ur knight(or should I say G)in shining armour will come running to u.

Pete

Anonymous said...

I kinda agree with Pete. I had a similar experience. Though he agreed he was in love with both me and his then-wife-to-be, he picked her and that nails Pete's point. If he's really yours, he'll honor what you share with him and wait for as long as he has to (usually till YOU get married).

Here's some hugs; get over him please.

Anonymous said...

These things happen, maybe it wasnt meant to be. Nice blog

Linda Ikeji said...

@cheetarah, im fine love.long time no hear.

@truth and others, when i really think about it, i was never in love with him, its just a little sad loosing a great friend

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH PETE.I HAVE LEARNT NOT TO FORCE THINGS AND PUT EVERYTHING INCLUDING MY RELATIONSHIP IN GOD'S HANDS.IF SOMETHING BELONGS TO YOU, IT WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK TO YOU AND IF IT DOESN'T,THEN IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE.I USED PUT IN ABOUT 100 PERCENT IN MY RELATIONSHIP UNTIL I REALISED U DONT HAVE TO FORCE THINGS, JUST LET THEM FLOW NATURALLY,IF IT WORKS OUT FINE AND IF IT DOESN'T,LET GO AND MOVE ON.THERE'S NO NEED FUSSSING OVER SOMETHING YOU CANT HAVE OR CHANGE.GOD SEES OUR HEARTS AND WILL NEVER FORSAKE US,HE'LL DEFINITELY GIVE U SOMETHING BETTER.AND THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS IF YOU COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME COS THAT CAN NEVER HAPPEN.LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO START THINKING ABOUT SUCH THINGS ANYWAY.
LOVE,UCHE.

Linda Ikeji said...

just sharing a little sad news.im happy for him though...my own dey come sha...soon! im looking forward to those nights...know what i mean?lol
@excitedjade...looking forward to seeing you babe

Anonymous said...

Linda, I hear you on G, I've only just seen sense regarding a man I used to shun. He now has a baby and a wife only difference is in our situation, he claims to still love me and only married because of the baby. We've been hanging out (we're not intimate) a lot lately but I need to let go, he's gone, he's gone. I had my chance. Sorry dear, let's look forward, our men will come.

SET said...

AT LEAST YOU STILL HAVE A FRIEND. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON RIGHT AND WE LIVE AND LEARN. THX FOR SHARING LINDA NA DTAKE CARE.

Unknown said...

I have never been a fan of Chris Okotie and never will...I think something is really wrong with this dude, recently there was a publication about him raining curses ,venoms etc on another so called man of God..Pastor Joshua..

who the heck is Okotie to dictate like a military tyrant to his church members when or who they should married?
TThanks be to God that he didn't win d last presidential elections, by now he would be arresting all the young females in his church for looking at men and for idecent dressing..we have many bunch of sick men in Nigeria today parading themselves as men of GOD? to me, they are men of gods..cos many of them dupe innocent people off their hard earned cash in the name of God, living in opulence whereby their followers walloping in abject poverty..God sees everyone's heart and shall judge each and everyone of us according to our deeds and actions..Okotie needs a psychiatric checks..

Anonymous said...

Hey peeps! Will you all stop feeling sorry for linda? She's back with Dan Foster but she ain't telling no one!

Tyra!!! said...

Linda move on!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Soul E and his oldie have bn kicked out of the church but what about Pastor Chris, he is not better than Soul E. I heard he intends to marry his best friend's widow who has 3 children. Soul E married 'Old mama youngie' he(pastor Chris) wants to marry 'after 3'. They are both 'birds of the same feathers'o jare.

Anonymous said...

I think people like him hardly get over people they really fall in love with, and they become a yard stick on which people they decide to move on with are chosen...won’t be surprised if she looks like you. Am not saying he doesn’t love his fiancĂ©e but “he waited three years, asked for your hand in marriage behind your back...he is your best friend” oh please come on!!! Look at you.. Hot you!!!!

Linda I think all you should do is just wish him well, because I bet you any thing that if you keep professing such sweet talks to his knowledge not only would he jump at any slightest hint that might suggest somehow you want to be with him now, you might be the one walking down the isle with him in November….

Unknown said...

Hmmm @ pastor Chris.

Unknown said...

Hmmm @ pastor Chris.

Linda Ikeji said...

@pepski, are u serious really? u got to be kidding me right? funny u!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww i feel ya babes, but it's all good. What's yours would be- nah mean? And like i said, we do have similar tastes- at least in music and fashion. I love that Roll it girl song so much also; it's better than the J-Status one featuring Rihanna.
@ Pepski, na wa for you oo. I know you use this fake id when you want to be naughty, but please leave my Linda oo. I can't even believe you knew about this blog that long and never told me!!!

Recent Posts