Relationship question + Oluchi Onweagba Luca's interview | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Relationship question + Oluchi Onweagba Luca's interview

When I ask relationship questions, some people think it's about me? I understand why you would think it's about me...but it's not. I just come up with questions I feel a lot of people can relate to. Ok...maybe the last question is a little about me...lol. Sometimes we need closure and sometimes it's a little confusing! I don't know it all I guess!

Anyway, here's another question...and this has nothing to do with me o. I actually have a friend who says she's in love with two men...is that possible? Being in love with two people at the same time?


Oluchi's Interview
The super model who was recently in Nigeria, granted an interview to This day Style...excerpts...

You must have taken some time out to have Ugo, your lovely son. What was your experience like being a mother for the first time?
Oluchi "Yes, I did take some time from work and traveling, after the birth of Ugo. It’s been a good experience and I am happy about being a young mum. But I have to say it is so much work taking care of a baby. As a first time mum, I have to remind myself that it’s okay to leave my baby at home and go dancing without feeling guilty because I am still me!"



They say you feel an overbearing sense of love when you first set eyes on your baby and you forget the initial pain you went through during childbirth. Did you feel this way when Ugo was born?
"I have known no love like the love of bearing a child. No word in the dictionary could explain it. All I remember saying after the birth of son was, “Oh my goodness! He is so long and so white!” And everyone started laughing.

How long did you work before you finally took time out to have your baby?
"I worked till I was in my sixth month. But by my last trimester I had gained so much weight and even more weight after delivery. My mother was so shocked when she came visiting. She could not believe that in my lifetime, I could be that big."

Is there a high demand for pregnant models out there?
"Yes there is a huge demand for pregnant models out here. It's a baby boomer year. Everyone is having a child. They have to sell clothes and merchandise to pregnant mums and models are in demand."


You won the coveted L'Oreal contract a while back. Since then, have there been any major jobs like that for you?
"The L'Oreal contract was and is still one of the many 'IT'S for me in my career. It is still being run in many department stores in the states. In Nigeria, I am very happy to associate and be the spokesperson for Recare, makers of Nature Gentle Touch."

Many models over the years have branched into different ventures after a while on the catwalk. What field holds the most interest for you to follow after the catwalk?
I have always been an entrepreneur at heart. I do not really know what the future holds for me but one thing that I know is that there is so much that I want to contribute in my lifetime as my own definition of contribution. Right now I invest in real estate while I model and go to school. Who knows what else I would venture into? The truth is I am scared of myself and what I am capable of doing, so I have learnt to take it a day at a time.

Would you ever like to host a talk show in Nigeria or any other part of the world?
I have been approached to host 'Africa's Next Top Model'. It is yet to be implemented. I would love to be a part of it'

So long an interview...but I'll stop here. Isn't Oluchi's little one so cute?

Joe Adekwagh passes on

It was with great shock I read some days ago that actor, Joe Adekwagh is dead. He died on Thursday, 25th of Oct, 2007. He slumped while serving as a master of ceremonies at the 40 years on stage party of veteran actor, Lari Williams, at the Cinema hall 1 of the National Art Theatre. He breathed his last after attempts to revive him at a clinic in Surulere. The Benue State actor was only 44 years old and was married with two kids. May his soul rest in peace.

Meanwhile, does anyone have an answer to this question? If all the 22 players on the football pitch wear the same jersey number, what do you think would become of the game football? Any answers?

19 comments:

lemonade factory said...

yep numero uno,well 22 players on the ball pitch wearing same number,the commentator would be in serious soup

oluchi is one lucky babe

classybabe said...

I couldn't believe the Joe story when i read it on one website.It is sad,may he rest in peace.I pray God gives his family the fortitude to bear the loss

Anonymous said...

first and foremost,it not possible to love 2 people equally and for the same reasons.there is something your friend is getting from each of the men.
then,football will be very boring if the players wear the same number.........how will the fans identify with their stars?

Ms. Catwalq said...

Joe Adekwagh...oh my God, his wife and kids....Hmnnnn. So young.
People are just dying so young...maybe he had high BP. It's so sad and he was so talented.

Yes. You can be in love with two people at the same time. It's because you react to people differently. The trick is sharing that love with only one person and finding the things that the other person offered in the one you are with.

I don't even think I understand the football question.
People assume the relationship questions are about you because they don't understand rhetorics

naijagal said...

interesting interview, is there a picture of her son?

cally-waffybabe said...

One answer to the football question: pandemonium!!!

Anonymous said...

Ol's baby looks so cute!!!is that her beau???

Anonymous said...

is that luca luca? he looks different in that picture

Bella Naija said...

awwwww ugo is so cute...
he looks so much like his popsy!!! just like a mini version really!
Nice one linda
RIP Joe..Sun re

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Linda,
I am sorry to say this, but Oluchi looked like an African nanny in that picture. Luca and their baby dominated the picture.
Her manager should not have given out that kind of photograph to the press or public.
Luca should have stood behind the shoulders of Oluchi and their son.
Who knows Luca without Oluchi?
He looked like the star in the picture, while his wife looked like his African nanny.

I hope he is not using our world class super model for Public Relations.
..............

On the sudden death of Joe, I am sad.
Joe was one of the very few actors I respected when I was still in Nollywood. He was a very good actor and a personable gentleman.

First J.T. Tom-West and now Joe.
May God have mercy on our actors and actresses and others.

May God protect and save the beautiful and wonderful life He has given everyone of us, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Cheers and God bless.

N.B:
Please, the following should not be included when you make my comment public.

Naomi Campbell Hugs Hugo Chavez.

Unknown said...

OMG, I love Oluchi...she is beautiful inside and out...seen her in person and although I didnt talk to her ( distant admirer), I could sense a lot of warmth and nice personality in her.

LushChic said...

OMG,i loved Joe..R.I.P

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Linda, follow this link below to register your blog on BlogRush for free publicity on other blogs.
BlogRush has shown my blog to over 2, 000 other blogs within two weeks and made my business blog the most popular Nigerian niche blog on financial success.

Note that BlogRush does not accept every blog and in fact, rejected over 20,000 blogs.

Your blog must be good enough to qualify.

I am recommending your blog.

Cheers and God bless.

cally-waffybabe said...

Oluchi and her family really look lovely. I'm so happy for her. I love seeing prosperous, hard working Nigerians.

Meadows j. said...

oluchi still looks a bit demure in that picture.but i love her still.


may joe's soul RIP

Anonymous said...

Oluchi sounds like she has a good head on her shoulder.Way to go girl.

Anonymous said...

@ ORINKINLA, Luca is a well known and respected fashion designer in America.oluchi might be an well known figure in africa but her husband is respected in the fashion industry than she is. She is not well known model like naomi , iman or liya in america or europe

Hola! said...

RIP joe...i met him at the national theatre in 2003. So sad. May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to read a bit more on this blog soon. By the way, pretty nice design your blog has, but don’t you think design should be changed once in a few months?

Recent Posts