My Week! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 15 December 2007

My Week!

It's 10:30 am Saturday morning and I just got back home from...a job!

Provided 20 models for an end of the year party last night...

I have people who run that part of my business, so I usually don't go with the models, but the organisers insisted I come along...

They got my attention when they offered accommodation at a five star hotel after the event

Haven't slept on any bed except mine in the last six months or so...it was refreshing to lie on a soft, nice bed!

This week has been crazy and exciting for me!

Was at the Future Award nominees party on Wednesday.

Felt so proud to receive my certificate from the organisers

Met a few people who have been looking forward to meeting me

I was humbled

Saw D Banj there

Waved at him...he waved back!

He came to my office one day 2 years ago to meet with Denrele Edun

Denrele wanted to introduce us...I told him another time. I was too in a hurry to go some place else!

Now I feel honored just to be in the same room with him.

I also felt honored to be in the same room with Fela Durotoye.

And everyone else who was at the future award nomination party

Except...Jedi the comedian.

I find him very annoying!

Maybe I shouldn't have said that

But I really find him annoying!

I was supposed to co-ordinate Collectibles fashion show for the Dynamix Awards.

Selected some models, did a little bit of grooming but had to pull out of that 'cos their schedule was clashing with so many of my appointments.

My apologies to them

Reluctantly met a client at GRA on Thursday...

They wanted models, I sent my guys, they sent them back!

Insisting on meeting the owner of the agency

Finally went there on Thursday...and met someone who likes the idea of Top Model Search!

He wanted the proposal ASAP. I had one in the car

Thank God I went!

I think I might be hearing good news on that soon!

I spoke to Oluchi Onweagba Luca on Thursday morning...on the radio

Cool Fm called me and asked me to speak with her on air

Asked her about her newly established modeling agency

She sure is excited about it

I've had a few conversations with Oluchi in the past

She and I went to the same lesson for our SSCE in 1997

We were in the same class for about 3 months

My immediate younger sister was in the same school with her (Surulere Girls Secondary School)

A few times she told me Oluchi said to say hi

We met again 7 years later at MBGN

She didn't remember me

Oh well...

To other things...

I'm a little horny! I saw a very sexy romantic movie last night and I can't seem to get sex out of my head.

But I can wait! Not till I get married o!

Maybe until I fall in love again

I want to fall in love again

Maybe I'm a little in love with someone

I hope I don't convince myself I'm in love just to get laid

Why am I talking about sex?

Oh yes...the movie last night!

To other exciting news.

This is the period we do a lot of ushering jobs.

My models are booked every weekend and some week days from now till early January.

They're ushering at a wedding today. I think the models are already at the venue

I hope so...will have to check on that!

I wish I could buy a new car...

But then I need to save almost a million or more to print FM&B in January!

So the car can wait

Was at Silverbird TV yesterday.

Met a guy I couldn't get to do anything for me

That's new!

I did all the leg work while he sat in his office waiting for the tapes

Was a little pissed

Where did my charm go?

Hiss!

The best part of it all was watching my magazine TV promo on STV this morning!

Yes, Yes, YES! My Mag TV promo ran on Silverbird TV last night and this morning and it will run for the next couple of weeks.

Anyone seen it?

The Murray-Bruces are giving me all the support they can.

Kisses to them. Especially Guy Murray Bruce!

I want to upload the TV promo on this blog so y'all can view it but I don't know how to upload videos!

Can anyone tell me how to upload videos?

I think I saw Adaure at STV yesterday...

She didn't say hi

Maybe she doesn't know me

But I sure recognised her...I think...

So why didn't I say hi?

Women!

From STV, I had another meeting at a telecom company, then I went for my ushering job!

Came back this morning, TIRED!

I'm still waiting for info on the MNET girls

And articles for the mag

There's going to be a bloggers xmas party on Dec 26th

Will get details later

Looking forward to that.

See y'all later...I'm going to bed!

Yes it's still morning...

Happy Holidays!

26 comments:

unshined congo said...

i havent seen the advert of ur mag yet. hope to see it soon.. i think u have to upload a video on u tube first b4 using the url for the video on ur blog(this is kinda confusing and im not too sure)

Mimi said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Linda darling I am so proud of u!!!mwah mwah mwah!!!!!! why didnt u say hi to adaure now? lol.
gosh ur so cute and honest!! mwah.

Toni Payne said...

lol...

Yemisi said...

to upload a video on your blog.From Customise,click posting(like you open a new page to type new messages) ,look for title,under it you'll see b-bold,i-italics,insert link,insert blockquote,abc,add image and add video.
You can add videos from anywhere

Anonymous said...

The icon for adding videos is beside the one you use to add images(pictures) on the page where you post.
cheers

Red Puree said...

You a real and down to earth babe. What does it matter if people think high or less of you.
Spilling your mind out here just shows how confident you are (in my opinion). You sure will get criticised for some wrong things you say or do (Like i'll say wait for M before sex ...hehehehehe) but hey,continue to be who you are, keep it up , Thats the way to go.

Anonymous said...

Someone was/is very busy I see

cally-waffybabe said...

LOL crazy gurllll!!! LMAO. Erm i reserve my comments...na phone talk. *still laughing*

Anonymous said...

I like u linda. U are so unapologetic about who u are. U are different and bold. What I wish u more than anything is a good man. Congrats about the nomination and the tv promo

Anonymous said...

I think u can only upload videos from u tube. i doubt if you can do it directly from your blog

Anonymous said...

funny girl!!! see u this xmas!!!

Temmy said...

Babe,you rock o,carry go

Linda Ikeji said...

@uc. I saw the advert again this morning.Watch out for it, u'll see it.
@mimi, dont mind me and Adaure. U know how women are sometimes? Mwah to u too. Coming home for xmas?
@tp, lol indeed!
@red puree. wait for sex b4 marriage? OK!
@Yemisi, it aint working o!
@naya. thanks for the wishes.
@callywaffy babe. lol.dont mind me. i got ur text, im so anxious for the stuff. will holla later.

Anonymous said...

awwww... this is random but sweet. only slight problem I have is about Jedi the comedian. If you do not like him? Why tell the world on www. Thats a bit too harsh considering you are a public figure and he is also a public guy.

I can see city people coming to this blog and just manufacturing lies and writing stuff worse than it is about your views about Jedi but you may not be able to defend urself because you have sort of made your dislike public. My two cents>

Anonymous said...

looool...i can't believe u find Jedi annoying. I actually find him quite funny. Exactly why do u find him so? Dat word is such a strong one o. He might even be one of your avid blog readers. U never even know sef whether he's your future husband. lol

lol about being horny. A well-endowed queen like u shouldn't be lonely and horny. Pls don't tell me u've not been on any date since your break-up. I'm sure toni can hook u up with some of her male friends, she's never short of dat. loooool.

Congrats on your forthcoming shows/programmes. Can't wait to see your mag ad. Hope they show it here on AIT sha. So proud of u.

Ubong Da said...

u horny? Why wait for love get a discrete Fuck Boddy afterall bodi no be fire wood.

Anonymous said...

Go girlwelldone i feel u on not saying hi to adaure i sat bout 4 seats to funmi iyanda sometime ago and didnt say hi i regret it till today next time i ll say it and a lot of other things and yes i support red puree on waitin mr right and workin down the isle loe u loads titi

BOBBY said...

You are so busy. Make sure you take time out to rest Linda!

dScR?Be said...

I love the way u write on this blog..
I can almost hear u talking...

U are ONE BUSY YOUNG WOMAN!!!

Wow...... remember to breathe mehn...
I hope i see ur commercial when i'm in 9ja...

I absolutely love ur realness! and then ur Igbo! doublehot!

BEST WISHES!!!

Olu said...

random babe!
at least u kip it realz

Anonymous said...

this girl u are funny. who says they are horny these days? i admire ur guts. u say it the way u feel it. most of us dont know how to do that or maybe we are just scared. someone told me u r a decent girl, it was hard to believe until i started visiting ur blog

i like u. u make me laugh

Anonymous said...

Teeeheehee...

Anonymous said...

started visiting ur blog about a week ago and i must confess...u got me hooked!
its really refreshing to hear someone keeping it totally real..no pretentiousness! big ups gal!i'd luv to meet u

laddii33 surfer said...

oh ma days i love ur blog it feelz like am chatinz with u k any wayz wotz poppin u kk, ur so real and ehm i would really love to meet u wen i come to nigeria next year. yeah i love ur pictures ur so pretty kkkkk and i admire ur friend personality denrele .

mi dnt mind 2 see ur mag coz i fnk ur some peng tingz am lovin u mate kkkkk

yeah u can send me ur ad video to my mail temi_mbs@hotmail.com

lemonade factory said...

keep it up linda

lemonade factory said...

pls try and upload it linda it will really be nice.when are ur shares coming out for subscription cos this ur business is booming fine girl.soon linda it will manifest ho

Recent Posts