2008 Wimbledon Champions: Rafael Nadal and Venus Williams | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 6 July 2008

2008 Wimbledon Champions: Rafael Nadal and Venus Williams

Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal finally won Wimbledon beating 5 times champion, Roger Federer, in what can be described as one of the best final competitions ever played.
I was so happy when he won 'cos he's been trying to win this competition for the past 4 years...but Federer just wouldn't give him a chance. But he finally did it tonight, July 6th 2008.


And I'm sure y'all know that Venus beat her younger sister, Serena Williams yesterday in the women's final.

Congrats to VENUS and NADAL!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it didn't matter which of the Williams became the Champ, am glad the both made it to the Finals.

The Federer/Nadal game was the best competition I've ever watched! Though I love them both, I was really rooting for Nadal. He is just a fine young man and I have never seen a more down to earth star like him. I almost had a heart attack between the rain delays and tiebreaks, it was just SPECTACULAR! At the end I was crying like I was related to him.

Nonesuch said...

i'm particularly happy for Nadal cos the crowd was almost hostile. They were almost booing him at a point and cheering Roger on. I love his strategic wear out the opponent. The rain also didnt help matters. The match went on for a little over 5 hours. Well done both players.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

U follow tennis too. i am an ardent Arsenal supporter but i also love tennis especially the females, who wouldnt, all those beautiful serbian girls and our black sisters in those short skimpy skirts flyin around!!!!! phew... who wouldnt!!!. just joking thou.

I was supporting Nadal on sunday so hard my friends thot i had spanish roots...i hate it when one team or man dominates a sport...about our sisters, two of them at each other...one has to win. i'm happy they won the doubles event together thou...

George Emmanuel said...

I love lawn tennis game. Its fun to watch. Abi linda

Recent Posts