Thank God for Great Sisters... | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 30 August 2008

Thank God for Great Sisters...


Sandra Ikeji...my sister and best friend

I might be taking a one-week break from work but my younger sister, Sandra, who runs my modeling agency isn't resting. Sometimes I feel she's more hardworking than I am. She's a third year student of the University of Lagos studying Geography.

She's quite young but one of the most ruthless business women you'll ever meet. Sometimes when I have major meetings with clients, I bring her along to sit in and listen and advice me later...


Sandra, Oteri (He also works with me...probably the most fun person you'll ever meet) and moi...

She's been working with me since I started my company three years ago. She used to assist me with the agency but when we expanded and I had to take care of other things, she took over the running of the agency completely.

Now I don't even know all the names of the models in our agency, some of the new models have never even met me. She supervises some of our other staff who scout for models and has contact in many of the big advertising agencies in Nigeria. I must say she's doing a much better job than I did when I was in charge of the agency.

Have I ever said here that of everything I'm involved in, the agency brings me the most profit? Well, it does...at least for now. The mag isn't bringing in any profits yet but it's almost beginning to pay for itself...



I feel like with her I can build an empire. We share the same passion and have the same drive. She's as hardworking as I am, if not more. I'm hoping that after she graduates from school, she'll continue to work with me. She's such an asset.

She's the most reliable person I know. Ten times more reliable than I am. When I'm not around, I hand over my business to her and when I get back I feel like the business has done better in my absense.

She's shrewd, very observant, doesn't like being idle like myself , trusthworthy and very intelligent.

I feel so blessed to have her working with me...

I'm so so grateful for great sisters...

Some of you have spoken to her. If you've called the phone number I have on this blog...then it was her you spoke to. She'll tell you she's my PA (she likes to prop me...lol. I don't have a PA) She's really my sister.


Anyway, she told me today that we have more jobs than than we have models. Half of our models are traveling on Sunday for a road show for a Telecom company, another set will be leaving next week for another Telecom company and she has all these castings lined up for the next few weeks and most of our models won't be around.

So basically, we are looking for more models. Fresh models. Good looking models of all ages. We are in the modeling season and we are kinda short of models. So if there's anyone interested or knows anyone interested in photography modeling, ushering or even road shows, contact sandra on 08033595004.

Family, there's nothing better than that, is there? Please appreciate your family, because at the end of the day, that's all you really have.

See y'all tomorrow.

Kisses!!!

P.S: Happy birthday to MJ as he turned 50 yesterday.
Cheers everyone. L

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda--- HABA! Why you dey advertise Sandra market now, shebi she get her own blog to advertise herself. The only thing wey you no put na her dress and shoe size. Anyway sha, me I get girlfriend, if no be so I for phone that number say I wan do model, before she go sabi, we go dey waka town together. Single guys, over to una.

John Obi

Anonymous said...

Your sister is beautiful....and i'll prefer u take her everywhere also, she's very intelligent (as u explained).


And to ma Idol M.J, He's still the greatest, i dun care wat peepz say about it..fcuk hataz

Anonymous said...

awww, thats really sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

preserve her and let her find her own dreams...

Anonymous said...

ur sis is beautiful

princekay123 said...

Yeah! Sandra is pretty. You're not bad too Linda.
But is that Oteri 'the bad boy'? I lost contact with him years ago when we worked together at Miss Yabatech. Good to see him here!

Yewande Atanda said...

Sandra, Vera and Linda, r u frm same parents?

Tyra!!! said...

Ahn ahn!! No kudos to me who took all the many many pictures. Na wa o, lol.
@ Yewande, yes o. We are from the same parents.

Anonymous said...

Yea sandra is really beautiful.she was my class mate in secondary schook

Recent Posts