Barrack Obama...what his win means to me.. | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 5 November 2008

Barrack Obama...what his win means to me..



Woke up around 3am this morning to watch the US election. And I can't begin to express how I felt when Obama was announced the winner.

I know in the days, months and even years to come, articles will be written, opinions will be voiced, views will be aired about such an extraordinary and defining moment in the history of America and indeed the world. I'm looking forward to reading and hearing all these.
But for now I will tell you guys what an Obama win means to me...What it tells me...

An Obama win tells me that 'anything is possible'
It tells me that if we work hard enough, believe well enough, we can achieve anything.
It tells me that if Obama can beat 'race', a phenomenon that has held us back as a people for many years, then you and I can beat anything.
If Obama can do the 'impossible', you and I can do same.
We can effect change
We can begin a revolution
We can take a place in history
We can inspire


An obama win tells me that we can be as great as we want to be
We can reach as far as we want to reach
We can go anywhere we want to go
BUT above all, an Obama win tells me
...that MIRACLES do happen.
God bless America, Nigeria and everywhere else.

20 comments:

9ja's OT said...

first,

yes WE CAN!!!

Anonymous said...

★O★★★★★★★★★★
★★B★★★★★★★★★
★★★A★★★★★★★★
★★★★M★★★★★★★
★B★★★A★★★★★★
★★I★★★★★★★★★
★★★D★★★★★★★★
★★★★E★★★★★★★ !
★★★★★N★★★★★★
★★★0★★★★★★★★
★★★★8★★★★★★★
GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG. I'm so happy! YES WE DID!

Anonymous said...

Linda i slept off only to have a dream that obama won, when i woke up there was no light and i prayed it was true and when power was restored, i tuned to CNN and lo and behold it was obama, I was teary eyed.It was a dream come true not just for me but for most people.

I pray he lives to effect that change and he wouldn't just be the first African american president but a history maker for boosting back their economy.

Right now he is my role model and i believe i can do anything that seems impossible.

I also wish to meet him one day,i feel like i know him so well already.

Anonymous said...

Please Linda use your good blog and magazine to tell nigerians it is good to live a good life. i am almost sure if this guy was nigerian one scandal or the other wpuld have come out to ruin his chances of what we are all celebrating today. like i always say i am waiting to see you on top

Anonymous said...

Barack has proven that determination and focus will get you where you want to go. I'm truly so so proud of what he has achieved not just for himself, but also for his family, race and all Americans. And now we have a fine black first lady in Michelle!!

Anonymous said...

Barack has proven that intelligence, determination and focus will get you where you want to go. I'm truly so so proud of what he has achieved not just for himself, but also for his family, race and all Americans. And now we have a fine black first lady in Michelle!!

Anonymous said...

Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk..

Martin walked so Barack Obama could run…

Obama is running…..so my children can fly……..

It is a new dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes ooooo!!!!

i sobbed booooohooooooooo as i watched this morninng.....

we can get anywhere!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

TRUST U LINDA DAT U WILL INSPIRE US WIT UR WRITE UP..........ITS NOT OVER UNTIL WE WIN...............IM HAPPY WIT D OUTCOME TOO .REMAIN BLESSED

Anonymous said...

infact linda, i agree wit all u sai. if u believe it, u will achieve it,

hadiza said...

yes linda..... if u believe it, u will surely achieve it.

Anonymous said...

I feeeeeeel you die!

Anonymous said...

i am glad he won....a victory well deserved indeed.

dScR?Be said...

amen 2 dis post..

Ini Abimbola said...

Obama's win tells me that anything is possible even when you are hoping against hope.

T.Williams-A said...

I've been singing this song all day and posting it whereever I can. I listen to this song, Yes You Can by Donnie McClurklin every morning ad it is sooooo appropriate right now...

"Yes We Can. We Can Do Anything If We Try. But We Gotta Try....

No matter what if we can just conceive it, if we believe it then we can achieve it..."

Of course I changed all the You to We :-)

Congratulations people!!!

Anonymous said...

It means to me that this country is still the country of opportunity. No matter what color we are we all came to the US for freedom and a better life. And with this win, i can look in my daughter's eyes and truly mean it when i say you can do anything.
It also reminds me of God's favor...when God favors you man cannot seperate you from your destiny. When Bush cheated his way in the white house in 2000 it was all part of the greater plan which eyes cannot see...but know we know.
YES WE DID AND YES WE CAN!!!

Anonymous said...

YES WE CAN AND YES WE DID!
I AGREE, NOTHIN IS IMPOSSIBLE AND AM SO HONOURED TO BE PART OF THIS GREAT CHANGE!!!

Anonymous said...

see, he got u flowing :) nice one linda.

Anonymous said...

Linda, hello from Barcelona, Spain!

Finally, people will realize that there just one race: the human one

My Best Regards

Toni

Recent Posts