It's a crazy circle + Your priorities | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 19 November 2008

It's a crazy circle + Your priorities

Sigmund Freud's Priorities
The fun is when you do it first time honestly without looking at the answer.
Try it...

Five things are happening in your house at the same time. In which sequence would you solve them?
1. The telephone is ringing!
2. The baby is crying!
3. Some one's knocking or calling you from the front door!
4. You hung the clothes out to dry and it is beginning to rain!
5. You left the tap on in the kitchen and the water is already overflowing!

In which sequence would you solve these problems? Write your sequence from 1 to 5, then scroll below and check how your decisions were made. BE HONEST to yourself!

It's a Crazy Circle
There are a few of us who don't particularly hold ourselves in high regard...mostly because people have told us too many negative things about ourselves...to our faces and behind our backs. When a lot of people tell you you're worthless, you start to believe it, and somewhere along the way you start having doubts about the beautiful person you really are.

Can I console you?

Someone came to see me at the office yesterday, while talking business a name came up, and for at least 30 minutes all he did was a count down of the top 20 reasons why this person was an ASS. He said things about this other person that I can't repeat anywhere else. It was dirty and uncalled for. I just sat there and listened wondering how many times someone somewhere has counted twenty things they didn't like about me.

Interestingly, immediately he left, another guy came into my office and didn't understand why I would grant audience to the guy who just left. "He's a failure" this new guy started, and for at least 10 minutes he mentioned so many reasons why he's not a person to be associated with. And like before I just sat there and listened.

But you know the funny thing? This new guy sitting in front is one of the few people I just tolerate. Every time I see him, I almost ask him to go see a psychiatrist..., he's always acting like there's something wrong with him upstairs...lol.

Then this morning, three models came to the office to pick up their cheques and while waiting at the reception, I heard them talking negatively about another model who they felt sold out. When my sister eventually came to the office, I asked her about the situation with the model they were talking about, and she told me not to pay any attention to the three models, and she said something about one of them in particular that left me stunned.

A few hours later, someone called me to report my sister to me...

I dropped the phone and called my publicist, Niyi Tabiti, and he told me some things that I do that he doesn't like...

That was when I realised what a crazy circle it really is...everytime you talk about someone, someone else talks about you.

For everyone who thinks you're stupid, there are ten people who think they're foolish. For everyone who tells you you're uncultured, be rest assured that there's someone somewhere who thinks they are crude. Every time people gather around and talk about you, best believe there are people gathered somewhere talking about everyone one of them. I guess this means no one is perfect.

So every time someone says nonsense about you, don't let it phase you, instead imagine the 10's of people saying something negative about them at that moment. That's the circle!

And there are no exceptions. No matter how good you are, there's someone who doesn't like you. Sometimes they don't have a reason, they don't need one, they just love to HATE!

So don't let what people say to your face or behind your back make a difference to you. She thinks you're crazy? It's OK, someone else thinks she's an idiot...lol


Photo of the day...

Hollywood actor/model...Oris Erhuero


And yes, what you see is what I saw...
If only we can LOOK.....AND TOUCH! lol

Anyway, here's the answer to Freud's Priorities:
Every individual point represents something in your life. On the list you can see which meaning every point has:
1. Telephone represents Work
2. Baby represents Family
3. Door represents Friends
4. Clothes represent Money
5. Tap represents Sex
Your chosen sequence determines the priorities in your life. Now....did you turn off the tap first ?

Naija Entertainment news next. This time you'll get it...I promise!
Kisses everyone!

24 comments:

Egoruomare Efiok Eyo Efiok said...

For me, it's number 2 first oh. I'll pick up my crying baby before the telephone. I mean what if the baby is choking on his vomit kai...phone ko work ni...lol!!!

dScR?Be said...

mehnnn... is dis Freud thing furreal?

classybabe said...

Mine was 23541,lol...work coming in last.hmm.
It's really a circle,that's y i dont get it when people are really about pleasing everyone,it's not possible.There will always be haters,even mother theresa will have some.

Anonymous said...

I dont by this Freud priority.. Mine was 25431, Baby first.

joicee said...

Mine was 21534 lol
Very good analogy...for everyone person talking ish about you there is somebody doing the same to them

Anonymous said...

Eh...Gloria, the fact that the child can cry, means her airway is clear. One should be more afraid of silence or a choking sound.
Pre natal 101.

Anonymous said...

mehn, Freud was such a sex drunk idiot. lol...everything is all about sex for him..a guy who believes that every single human being is bisexual...hisssss! Even before looking at the explanation he gave i chose my baby, then tap cos mopping is not my favorite sport!..(how da hek did he even make the connection between sex and tap bikonu??...craze man)...then i'll picking up the phone and run out to get my clothes while talkn on the phone....while all this is happening, i must've told the visitor to hold on one minute..lol...

Nma

Anonymous said...

I did 5 first. But Sex is the last thing on my list oh! 52431

Anonymous said...

I turned the tap off first... but i don't believe it- i've never had sex, lol.

Nikky said...

lol! that was actually funny. mine was 1,5,2,4,3. For me, it's family before work.i guess the ideal thn for me would v been-2,1,5,4,3 but i didnt relate those terms to the interpretations freud gave.

Nikky said...

Lol! that test was actually funny.mine was 1,5,2,4,3.i guess i didnt relate the terms to the interpretation.i guess the ideal thn for me is 2,1,5,4,3.

Anonymous said...

Linda you have issues...I really do enjoy your blog. I chose 5 cos it won't be nice to leave the tap running. Baby comes second, he or she will have breast to compensate. Lol.

Anonymous said...

i turned on the tap first, never has sez either..what does this mean lol!

Anonymous said...

Yeap me too 5 first. So how many of you got 5 that are female, let's hook up for it :) First timers are welcome. by the way I had 542 as my first three choices. Hit me on aqualaaa@yahoo.de :) no spams please :)

Anonymous said...

Ya'll #5's better mail me make we hook up.
I bet we them "sex" on priority list are the smartest.

Anonymous said...

I chose 5,4,2,3,1 and your analogy of crazy circle is so true. I experienced that yesterday. If people don't hate on you then you are not living. My mom has a saying that let people hate on you and you give God a reason to bless you by reminding Him of those hating on you.

oteriagboro said...

hm i knw i came to the office to report one of our staff and i just hope i am not that person that you tolerate o! nike oshinowo wana be .

Wild Boy said...

I did 1, 5 , 3, 4 and 2. If this is real, then i'm not sure i want to reconsider my priorities. Mybe i dont just dig the family thing but im surprised i had let it fall so low on the scale that it's actually on the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Linda, did you watch saving africa's witch children? http://www.bellanaija.com/2008/11/18/saving-africas-witch-children/

What are your & other bloggers views about this?

I would kindly love to know.

With regards

Gistmaster said...

Linda, u have known me for long and i believe that was the first time i was tellin u what i dont about u and i told u not to anyone else.I told u that i was particularly angry that u didnt come for my wedding and to the Swe bar's event.I also said that i have attended almost every show that u have ever organised on planet earth.You know i don't beef people!

Anonymous said...

mine was 2.3.5.4.1
Not sure it means much though.

Uber Fabulous Nigerian Girl said...

omg....i chose tap first!! hehe..im not surprised though.

Anonymous said...

Please when is don't forget the lyrics coming back?

emeteride said...

Please when is don't forget the lyrics coming back?

Recent Posts