How fulfilled are you? + Inspire Africa Concert Pictures | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 4 February 2009

How fulfilled are you? + Inspire Africa Concert Pictures

I had a conversation with a much older woman yesterday that I just had to bring here to discuss.
She has a boutique very close to my office and occasionally I go there to pick up one or two things.

When I went there yesterday she looked at me and said “Linda, every time I see you you're always bubbling with life. You always seem very happy"

"I'm generally a happy person." I said "I think it’s because I take pleasure in the smallest, simplest things in life. I don’t have much but I’m thankful for the little I have. I guess I'm fulfilled"

"You're fulfilled? Most people don't know what fulfillment is" She said

I didn't know how to react to that so I said nothing.

She looked at me for a bit without saying anything, then suddenly asked "How often do you pray linda?"
"Every day" I replied
"And when you pray, do you ask God for changes in your life?" she asked
"Of course I do." I replied "Who doesn't? That's the essence of praying isn't it?"
She smiled, shook her head and said "There was a time in my life that when I go down on my knees to pray, I ask God not to change anything in my life. I ask him to keep things exactly the way they are. That's what you do when you're fulfilled"

I left the boutique a few minutes later with a million thoughts in my head. Fulfillment is when you ask God not to change anything in your life?

Who asks God for no changes in their lives? No matter how much we have, we still want more right?

I’m not married, so obviously I can’t ask God to keep things exactly the way they are ;). I am happy where I am right now, but I also want to be more than I am now, so I talk to God about it...

Most of us are happy with our lives, but we do ask for changes...does it mean we're not fulfilled?

What is fulfillment then? Is there a difference between fulfillment and happiness?

Does anyone even have everything they want?
What do you guys think?


To other things...

Ade Bakare Couture presents Young Designers Creative Competition 2009

As part of his initiative to give back to society, Ade Bakare Couture London once again presents the Young designers creative competition. This initiative has not only encouraged creativity amongst the young in Nigeria, it has successfully created a trend in supporting potential talent across the land.
The event will take place in Lagos this March. So watch out for it!


News of the day

Gaddafi is new AU Chairman

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has been elected as the new chairman of the 53-nation African Union. He was elected by delegates at the AU summit in Addis Ababa Ethiopia on Monday 2nd Feb 09.

Erykah Badu gives birth to 3rd child

Singer, Erykah Badu recently gave birth to her 3rd child, a girl, romoured to be named 'Twitty Milk'. Erykah also has children with rappers Andre 3000 of Outkast, and west coast rapper The D.O.C. The latest addition is for her current Beau Jay, pictured with her above.

For Nigerian news...

Go here...http://thepmnews.com/


Pictures from the Inspire Africa Benefit Concert

Dbanj on stage


Banky W with Henry Buchi Mbagwu


International sensation, Carl Thomas, in the middle


Henry and Tuface


Christy Essien Igbokwe



Asa and Banky W
Pix thanks to Lori Tosan
Will get you more pix later...

Photo of the day

Sean “Diddy” Combs new ad for his “Unforgivable” cologne..
You like?

Thought of the day
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.”
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Later.

5 comments:

isha said...

I'm a little confused - how does a picture of Diddy kissing himself promote the cologne? (Anyways, what do I know, lol).

Fulfilment - I don't agree with the older lady. I'd say it's more like - If you asked God for more and He said you were going to stay the same, you'd be OK with that. You know, like fulfilling God's purpose for your life; getting satisfaction from what he wants you to be.

That lady's interpretation is one of the overly religious ways we approach Christianity.

zara (my alter ego) said...

fulfillment.. hmm... prayers.. changes... we always ask for this true.. no one is ever trully satisfied with what they want.. they might be.. but not wholly in the true sense of the word. and the day we stop asking for changes is when we are dead.

i guess God is all knowing and he would continue to answer our prayers. as long as He does, we should keep asking, and hope we get fulfilled someday.

Anonymous said...

tell d woman to shut up jo ..puhlease the only way forward is thru change and growth. We should be thankful for our today but be hopeful for tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

Hmmm... the "fulfillment" article weighed heavy on my heart. Who can truly say that they have ALL they want in life? I get jealous of my friends who say they're living their dream, then i think, "are they just deluding themselves?", "Can anyone say they have it all?". Think of a person you admire; probably someone who has accomplished a lot, is wealthy, influential, or beautiful (ok, you're already beautiful :-)). If you could live your life one month, or evn a day in the person's 'shoes' you'lld be begging to go back to your old life. How do i know that? Take a look around you. Celebrities, politicians, business moguls would readily trade all they have (earthly riches and beauty) for peace of mind, health, love,family etc. With all their riches, many still are considered as unfortunate. My point? The grass is always greener on the other side- no matter where you are in life. Fulfillment is not found in anything in this world- they are only poor substitutes. Heck, i would be praying non-stop if i were to focus on what i don't have on earth- there are a MILLION things i want changed for my life to be 'perfect'. Truth is, Linda, the lady is right; when you focus on fulfilling God sent purpose on this earth and understand His sovereignity over all matters of your life on earth, your only prayer will be "Thy will be done". I'm probably getting all preachy, lol! but its the truth. Fulfillment comes when you focus on Him. For earthly fulfillment? read Luke 12: 22-32.

Anonymous said...

uhm no that is not Diddy's new ad for his cologne. Instead thats an ad from someone who says Diddy used his idea for his perfume line. If you read the ad carefully you will see that it is trying to dissuade us from getting the cologne.

Recent Posts