Guinness 250 | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 23 July 2009

Guinness 250

I was at the Guinness 250 launch which held on Saturday the 18th at Jade Palace Victoria Island, and what a spectacular show it was. Oh, I had the most amazing time.

Unfortunately I didn't go with a camera so I don't have personal pictures to show but believe me when I say the event was so well put together and every
one who came, especially the ladies, were beautifully dressed. Oh, you all should have seen my Steve Ray dress...hmmmm! lol

Anyway, the Black carpet was invaded by a host of paparazzi from top media channels and while their camera’s greeted the invitees and celebrities alike, some were invited for interviews while others enjoyed the company of friend and Guinness cocktail, before proceeding upstairs for the event proper.


The event itself lived up to and surpassed everyone's expectations, Frank Edoho steered proceedings brilliantly, Waje brought new melody to the National anthem, Dare-art Alade put up a sterling Performance and Omawumi stunned the guests.

Guinness announced a National Consumer Promotion to celebrate 250 years and reward loyal consumers and asked that everyone be in expectation of September 24th as Nigeria raise their glasses and the worldwide celebration of Arthur Guinness day”

And the highpoint of the night, was the Unveil of Jay-Jay Okocha as the new Guinness ambassador.

Then it was capped with knock-out performances by Banky W, MI and DJ Jimmy-Jatt held down at the Volar Bar, and whats more, the drinks were all on Guinness

Your browser may not support display of this image.

I have just a few pictures, but I'll sure get you more...

Enjoy...

IMG_7875.JPG - Gmail

Dare performing. He stole the show. Incredible performer...


Frank Edoho, Isio Wanogho, Ego Ogbaro and Segun Arinze

Omawunmi Megbele doing her thing. What a voice!

The MD of Guinness, Okocha and Guinness brand manager, Ohimai

More pictures coming...


Update: Linda at Guinness 250

Hmmm, I thought my Steve Ray dress rocked, but looking at it now, I'm not so sure...lol

I know the designer said something about ironing the dress, but I'm not big on ironing, so I didn't do that. Hmmm, maybe I should have. Chai!

Hopefully there's a better picture of me somewhere...lol

Pix thanks to bellanaija.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda dear ,just saw ur guiness event pix at bellanaija.u look goegeous and i love ur dress and the hair do.Not bad at all,but i`d like u the more when u put more smile on ur beautiful face.why do naija stars like re-wearing a particular cloth to great events 2ice??check it out and u ll get me right.

Admin said...

is guiness trying to have their own football team here

abi said...

the dress is prettty just needed a little bit of steaming. It's annoying that the camera's flash can bring out things that you don't want to be seen!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw the picture at bellanaija and also the stupid comments of those who talked about your dress. Frankly I love the dress and I think you are really coming into your own Linda. WAYYYY better than what you used to wear. I think you looked really nice and you shouldn't allow people's comments to sway you. Might have needed a little steaming but now you know and can do better in the future. Go on with ur bad self jo and leave the haters behind!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress but would have preferred a different hairstyle. U are fab all the same.

Anonymous said...

What u need is a stylist LOL! ...Seriously though, it will help if u had one or have one of ur fashion savvy sisters help u out...

Anonymous said...

I think Linda just needs more color, stay away from black or the plain colors. Wear some hot pink, gold, just something different. If you gonna wear black, wear some colorful shoes. I can tell you still don't know fully what looks good on you, so having a stylist is not a bad idea at all. Still love you tho.

Fatima said...

Loved the dress Linda! Some Bellanaija commenters are full of bad belle. I'm sure many of them covet what you have so ignore them.

Anonymous said...

am one of the people who said she needed to steam that dress on Bella naija....thats the truth the dressed looked a bit rumpled..when pple make comments that are not positive it doesnt make one a hater or bad belle...i certainly dont covet what Linda has...at all...i mean she has done well for herself...tshirt line, modelling, famed blogger, magazine editor...just to mention a few...but that is not my lifestyle or career path...!!! just cos u dont like something doesnt mean you are jealous..

Anonymous said...

LINDA U LOOK BEAUTIFUL.............TANX 4 CREATING TIME 4 US.............U A LIKE A DAILY DOSE AFTER CHECKING MY MAILS............NA UR BLOG I OPEN DAILY.......KK

Anonymous said...

Hope i'm not updating after the wrong post, but i just saw one of your posts with Dare Art Alade "stealing the show" somewhere. Yeah he is doing well as a naija artiste etc, but please i've just watched a video of one of his tracks.....ur not the girl i used to know...something,something...WTF please all that baritone needed some good fine tuning...the guy killed the song...mos def not impressed..sorry....BTW Linda, your dress is lovely.

Recent Posts