Sexting pair arrested in dubai | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 19 March 2010

Sexting pair arrested in dubai













 A 47 year old Indian man and a 42 year old Indian woman, who worked as cabin crew for Emirates airline, have been sentenced to three months in jail for sexual content found on their cell phones, otherwise known as sexting.

The conviction said the sexual content of the texts suggested the unnamed pair planned to "commit sin" – a reference to an extramarital affair, which is illegal in the United Arab Emirates.


The court ruling said there was not enough evidence to determine whether the couple had an affair, which would have likely brought a harsher sentence.

The text messages surfaced in a divorce lawsuit by the woman's estranged husband.

***
Source: telegraph.co.uk

Three months in jail for sending flirty text messages? A little harsh. But then their law is their law...
Imagine if they had a law like that in Naija, how many of us go don land in jail? Lol.
What does SMH and LWKMD mean by the way?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lwkmd-laugh wan kill me die.Dunno wat SMH means

Anonymous said...

SMH - scratching my head
LWKMD - Laugh wan kill me die
LWKM - Laugh wan kill me
INFS - I no fit shout

decided to put some extras in! :)

Anonymous said...

SMH .. shaking my head , LWKMD .. laugh wan kill me die

Anonymous said...

SHAKING MY HEAD

LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE

Unknown said...

ok.. you sure gotten the answers no need to repeat it..
Which kain punishment be that?
Na waoh..

Anonymous said...

@topic which kind stupid law be dat for this 21 century they really need their head examine nonsense

Anonymous said...

Linda...I am dissapointed..How can you not know the meaning of LWKMD....lol

Anyways..
SMH means Shaking My Head and NOT Scratching My Had....
LWKMD means Laugh Wan Kill me Die

Anonymous said...

Mehn dat kain law no go fit enta naija, our prisons go jst full troway. Anyways, its their country nd their law, na dem sabi

Anonymous said...

hw about fml people ? dunno wat it means

lalalala said...

what if your bf was sexting someone else? He deserves some kinda punishment innit?

At least people will learn sha: wasn't the woman was married to someone else?

SOLA said...

OMG!!
Such punishment... lol.,..
Please someone should help decode the message abeg.. "mwahhhhh" **hope there is no punishment for blowing a kiss o?**
INFS

Anonymous said...

Fml = f*** my life

Taya Coston said...

smh actually means shaking my head.

Recent Posts