MI wants to quit music for acting? GOH! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 14 September 2010

MI wants to quit music for acting? GOH!

























What's all these talk about MI quitting music for acting? I say it's BS. I hope it's BS! Dear lord, let it be BS!


Conflicting and confusing reports coming in from Abuja has it that Mister Incredible, M.I, the premier artist of CHOCOLATE CITY MUSIC has thrown the rank and file of the record label into confusion by announcing that he wants to pursue a career in the movies. 

As it is now, he may already even taken part in a film production because we immediately called him to confirm and this is what he said: “I think it’s about time for me to try something else and acting is something I’ve always had a passion for and I think it’s time for me to explore that area. I know my fans will love my new movie coming out and although this may not be final, I will no longer be doing music for the time being.”

As far-fetched as this may sound for a rapper who quickly rose to the top of Nigerian music scene with just one album in the space of one year, close sources to CHOCOLATE CITY MUSIC where he and his brother Jesse Jags and Ice Prince are signed on are saying that M.I actually put this request in writing. A call to Mr. Audu Maikori, the head honcho of the Abuja-based label, didn’t fully clear the air because while he didn’t outrightly dismiss the story he admitted that M.I has actually requested that the November release date for his sophomore album, M.I 2, be shifted indefinitely for the meantime. Further questions as to whether M.I would be fully quitting the label went unreplied.

M.I who first came to limelight in 2008 with the release of his debut album, TALK ABOUT IT, has been on top of his game and emerged as arguably the best rapper in the country. He is also the highest ranking Nigerian rapper in the recently released MNET AFRICA list of the ten best African rappers. He is widely respected in the Nigerian music industry and legend has it that TALK ABOUT IT sold 30 000 copies in the first 30 minutes of its release in 2008. He has also won numerous awards with it.

8 comments:

tee said...

Lol Linda it is BS! HE's not quitting music, he's just putting it on hold to explore acting..

http://that1960chick.com

Aribaba said...

Publicity stunt

Rayweezy said...

I ope it's NOT TRUE?

Anonymous said...

yeap publicity stunt for his album, MI 2, clearly mission impossible or something like that.

franni said...

i'll go on a hunger-strike if he dares.

Nigerian Film and TV Addict said...

i love M.I but i think music is better for him cuz acting is a job that is based on looks more than music...unfortunately. M.I is short and has no presence...he can have presence as a musician but as an actor....it is really hard to have that presence...even today actors/actresses like uche jombo, ini edo, tonto dike, nonso diobi....and a whole lot don't have the presence that a genevieve or omotola or ramsey or olu or pete edochie or ngozi ezeonu have...but i wud love to see M.I do anything. he is is a wonderful person.

Anonymous said...

Pfff.. Yeah right.

skankmypeaceofmind said...

lol...which movie im wan act? that reoccurring nightmare produced in NOLLYKPAKO? lol this boy no go kill me. abegi....make somebody go slap am because i seriously think that's what he needs...some good old sounding.

Recent Posts