Jim Iyke denies fighting with hawker in Abuja | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 21 May 2011

Jim Iyke denies fighting with hawker in Abuja

The alleged story was that the actor got into an argument/fight with a hawker on Wednesday May 18 at about 2pm at Aminu Kano Crescent ,Wuse 11 Abuja. It was alleged that the hawker made Jim angry after he asked the actor for a tip after showing an apparently lost Jim how to get to his destination.

But the actor has denied he was ever in a fight. His version of the story when you continue...



The penchant for exaggeration and sensationalism of thewillnigeria.com, a website run by Mr. Austyn Ogannah, is staggering. It has become the bane of some blog and website runners of low repute who understand my deep-rooted aversion for comments on social networks, to therefore use it to the fullest to perpetrate their aim to constantly mud sling my person.

The site in question is managed from Los Angeles, and I dare say, they understand the legal implications of their unprofessional and malicious article. They are also aware that to seek legal redress in Nigeria would mean a protracted period of time in our courts and by no means a possible resolution of the matter.


To state the facts on what happened on that very day, I was in Abuja and was running late for a very important business meeting. I quickly asked a young man peddling wares on the curbs for directions, and he kindly pointed out the way. Also present in my vehicle was my younger sister and my PA.

I then asked my PA to tip him, then another young man standing by grabbed the cash and tried to get away, but my PA grabbed him and the appropriate exchange was made. Not for one second did I step out of the car.

We had a good laugh about it, and the traffic warden waved us on, and I turned into the right street. I also had a business partner of mine driving behind my vehicle at that point in time. The whole event transpired in less than 3 minutes.


I was shocked a few hours later when my PA brought the baseless article on
thewill.com to my attention. The traffic warden and peddlers still operate on the last left turn to the street that leads to Glo office in Wuze 2 in Abuja. Anyone can interview them to authenticate the veracity of my claims. Mr. Austyn Ogannah’s attack on my person is a wanton exhibition of gross mediocrity and a clear misguided use of the power of the pen.

This is the last and only statement I wish to make on the matter.

- Jim Iyke


His version of events sounds more like what would have happened. BTW, it was his birthday yesterday. Happy birthday to you Jim. All the best!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing is too far fetched for jim iyke to do..he seeks attention at all costs like a needy little boy child..i dont put it past him..hasnt he done worse??? jim iyke has serious issues and needs help...

galore said...

sorry ooo,,,Mr jim iyke,,,you sef too dey vex,,na im make dem think say u don com again wt ur wahala.......

Anonymous said...

im not surprised at all.Jim Iyke,na ur way.carry go...lol

Anonymous said...

Jim Iyke reminds me of Kanye West. An egoistic, attention-seeking little biatch!

Anonymous said...

Lol wow that's a lot of big words* I can imagine him saying it in his fake ass American accent lol" hang on mate while I go get my dictionary lol such a drama queen lol rise above such petty issues dont get so mad jim people will say what they want and believe what they want

camouflage said...

wow I havent met jim in person but the media depicts him as a violent person. i choose not to believe that he is violent...habba who knows if this is not another ploy from the media to taint his image!

Anonymous said...

No matter what ya'll say about Jim Iyke....what is wrong is wrong!! people cant just say thrash and not be accounted for it

SOLA said...

"Mr. Austyn Ogannah’s attack on my person is a wanton exhibition of gross mediocrity and a clear misguided use of the power of the pen."


ojigbijigbi!
Jim relax.... and ... ignore

Alicia says... said...

the same way his ex lied that he beat her, this could be another lie too.

Anonymous said...

Jim has serious issues and lots of growing up to do. Most times i tried to give his personality a chance, something just goes off about him.

*I believe Jim's story though*

Anonymous said...

Abeg, make we leave Jim alone. His parents had too many kids and did not give him enough love and attention.

Jim is an attention seeker. I pity him. Too much pickin no good at all! It could affect them forever.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 9:13am, egoistic is a big word for you? Wow...do me a favor hun, take some night classes. You obviously need it. If are Jim Iyke, then take some anger management classes, cuz you obviously need it.(Yes, I know him personally and he is violent.)

Anonymous said...

I met this guy once.....i wasnt impress at all, from the way he acted u cld tell he likes attention and also prone to b violent. Anyways na short pple too dey make noise self

Anonymous said...

won't put it pass hime he is fond of doing that silly thing...

Anonymous said...

With the new fine actors on the scene this 2011 - he is about to slip anyway cos he has some serious competition

CCL said...

Anony 6.56pm - It is actually the opposite sef, he is the only boy amongst 6 girls so he is SPOILT rotten! He has the sense of entitlement, a huge chip on his shoulder and an ego the size of the Grand Canyon. I've met him several times, I saw him at the NEA awards last year and he was the only one who went on stage with an entourage. Tuface was there and no one even knew he was there until he took the stage for an award but the ewu was getting up every two seconds with his entourage in tow to go back stage and back to the audience, back and forth and back and forth just so people could notice him. It actually went from annoying to hilarious as the night went on LOL.

Recent Posts