J. Martins reacts to gay rumours | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 4 August 2011

J. Martins reacts to gay rumours

If you missed the gay story, read it here. J. Martins tells Rasheed Abubakar of Encomium magazine he is not gay.
I was in Abuja when I started receiving calls about the story and I was asked to buy the paper. I bought the paper and in black and white, they wrote that J. Martins is a homosexual. I started laughing and then entered my hotel room. I was naked looking at myself in the mirror, maybe I could see where the homo is. Me? Homosexual? From where? How? (laughs). It was very funny to me, you know it's one of the things you face as an entertainer.



This kind of thing comes up when some people have issues with you. Let me give you an example. Some people wanted us to perform in another country and they reached an agreement with my then manager. The guy said he was sending someone with the money to our house since they could not do the money transfer. When the man came, he was trying to get someone that could help him on how the money would get to J. Martins manager and a journalist offered to assist.

When the journalist came to my house, he didn't meet my manager but met me, and don't forget he had been communicating with my manager and not me and I didn't know him. He came with his two friends and I entertained them. He handed the envelop that contained the money to me asking that I should give it to my manager. I collected it and kept it for him, but the journalist left and took offence because I didn't give him money from the envelope.

How do you expect me to do that when the envelope belongs to the management. If he has asked me personally, I would have given him money from my own pocket. So because I didn't give him transport fare he decided to punish me by writing rubbish about me in the papers. Because of how much? The only thing I always say is that because you have pen and paper and use it to rubbish somebody's name, don't forget that you can't stay there forever.

25 comments:

CHARLES said...

FROM WHAT YOU SAID NOW BROTHER, YOU ARE NOT ANY GAY OR WHATEVER THEY THINK ABOUT YOU.

CHARLES

Spades said...

hmmnn.. I hope that is just as true as it sounds...

Anonymous said...

He needs to sue the reporter and newspaper...especially being in a culture wher being gay is not well recieved.....what if he is ambushed and killed because of that? journalists need to be sensitive o...unless he knows for sure that he is gay.....

Anonymous said...

"since they could not do the money transfer"

For 2011 0r 1973...na wa oo
Guy look for anoda story

Anonymous said...

Thou doth complain too much, yes, because being gay is an external thing...

Oga, gay or straight, you are who you are and owe no one any explanation.

Anonymous said...

Being rather too defensive, no basis. Rumours seem to b true

Anonymous said...

who is J.Martins pls??

Babylicious said...

exactly who is J Martins??? what song did he sing??? i dont seem to know him. he's probably a nobody..correct me if i'm wrong people.

samlolo said...

@7:29, you dey ask say who be j martins, na ur lost uncle o-e

@8:55 nice one men,at this computer age dem no fit do money transfer,na waoooo.
But for my own comment i am not saying he is gay but his story is not real and convincing...

Anonymous said...

J MARTINS,IF THIS IS YOUR REPLY, I THINK IT IS LAME ,YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT MUTE!

Ronny said...

"When the journalist came to my house, he didn't meet my manager but met me, and don't forget he had been communicating with my manager and not me and I didn't know him. He came with his two friends and I entertained them. He handed the envelop that contained the money to me asking that I should give it to my manager. I collected it and kept it for him, but the journalist left and took offence because I didn't give him money from the envelope.

How do you expect me to do that when the envelope belongs to the management. If he has asked me personally, I would have given him money from my own pocket. So because I didn't give him transport fare he decided to punish me by writing rubbish about me in the papers. Because of how much? The only thing I always say is that because you have pen and paper and use it to rubbish somebody's name, don't forget that you can't stay there forever"


LMAO....me i no buy this epistle....Whatever... Gay or no Gay, Na J Martins Know o!

fumi said...

He cant be pls.

fumi said...

Haaaaaaaaba he cant be nowwww. this pen paper and print people self

Hotnigerianews said...

They newspaper they can write anything to sell, and most of this shit might be true. I like military reign.

Make money blog said...

This can't be true, atleast they should bring proofs, some dirty pictures. *cough*

Candid tots said...

Pls present your girlfriend... You don reach to get one!

Anonymous said...

J martins if you GAY or not is no bodys cup of tea.... what kind of foolishness is this every time gay or no gay cant they talk better things... people sex life is them own cup of tea....

Anonymous said...

He never really denied. " This kind of thing happens when people have issues with you " What is that ? I mean, can money in an envelope lead to a rumor such as this? He's a too cautious in his response. Maybe he has a large following of gay fans not that it matters but wow...... he 's soft spoken on this one.

Keisha said...

If you no gay , we go know. Time will tell.

I hope you are not!

eeeeewwwwww!!!

Anonymous said...

People shld just learn to mind their business! Jmartins 4 real u have no business replying anyone on ur sexuality! If u r gay or not does it change the price of a dollar? Or does it increase anyone's bank account balance??? Cos it beats M̶̲̅ε̲̣ wen people spend time trying to talk and write like hollywood! Let's talk abt ♓ow d young pple will get into government to change the nation!! Journalists please take note. Let's βε̲ more productiveThx

Anonymous said...

He is not GAY, He is BISEXUAL... Shikena!!!!! Moving on

Blog-lord said...

J-martin the gaylord
lets kip rolling..next gist pls!

Anonymous said...

See them, see as them dey d discuss person wahala. U no get work for house? Abi em life style concern u.na una do pass. Foooools

Anonymous said...

Dis linda sef e be like say she find two ppl head wey she bring 2geda. We go send u go kitchen where u suppose dey oo!

Anonymous said...

Pls am tired of every successful, hansom, neat, cute celebrities being gay. Wus business is it? Gay is a sin, stealing is also a sin. Weda ur gay, thief,l or wot eva all are sin nt jst gay. Jst b wu u are

Recent Posts